In our earlier post we have explained about how to register for Yono SBI mobile application?. In this post we will see how to reset MPIN in YONO SBI application. We have also given pictorial representation for your easy understanding.
About YONO SBI
yono SBI is SBI’s unique application provided by the bank to do all kind of banking operation through mobile. We can also do other services like recharges, ticket booking, bill payments, shopping etc. through this. It is safe and secure until not sharing the username and password with anyone.
MPIN is ‘Mobile banking Personal Identification number’. Usually, it is 4 or 6-digit number kept secretly by the user to make any transaction in mobile. More particularly it works as a password when you perform any transaction. MPIN must not be shared with anyone. It should be frequently changed to avoid any miscellaneous activity.
Reasons for changing the MPIN in yono SBI
- If you forgot your MPIN, or
- Change your existing MPIN for security reasons
If you forgot your MPIN while logging, you can login using Internet Banking (INB) credentials. After login you can change the MPIN by following these steps
How to reset MPIN in Yono SBI
The following are the step by step process for changing MPIN in Yono SBI
- Firstly, login to Yono SBI application in your mobile phone
- In home page click on the menu button on the top left corner as shown in the image below
- Then it will display the available services in the Yono app. Click on the ‘Service Request’ option as shown in the image below
- In the next step click on ‘Manage PIN’ option
- Then click on Set MPIN option as shown in the image below
- In the next page tick the Terms and Condition check box and then click on ‘Next‘ button
- In the next step, enter new MPIN two times in the respective field according to the MPIN policies
- It should be 6 digit in length
- It should not contain 3 consecutive numbers
- MPIN should not contain your birth date combination
- It should contain atleast 3 unique numbers
- Now click on ‘Next‘ button then you will receive an OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Ener the OTP in the respective field and then click on ‘Next‘ button
- Now Your MPIN have been successfully updated.
Change your MPIN frequently to avoid any miscellaneous activities.