In our earlier post, we explained about How to open SBI savings account online?. In this post we will let you know about How to activate Yono SBI mobile application for your SBI savings account?.
About YONO SBI
‘Yono SBI‘ is an authorized mobile banking application of State Bank of India (SBI). It allows you to do all banking operations in a single place in very safety and secured manner. It also allows you to do other operations like Investments, Ticket booking, Bill payments, Recharges, Shopping and purchase of electronics and others.
How to register for Yono SBI mobile application?
If you already opened State Bank of India savings account but not registered in Yono SBI mobile application yet, follow the below simple steps to register for mobile banking.
- Firstly, download ‘Yono SBI‘ mobile application from Play store (if Android device) or App store (if IOS device) in your smart phone. Open the Yono SBI application, then you will see below mentioned three options in the bottom of the screen
- New to SBI
- Existing customer
- I have activation code
- Now select ‘Existing Customer‘, then you will be moved to the next screen where you will see three options
- Login using Internet Banking ID
- Register with my ATM card
- Register with Account Details
Steps to Register Yono SBI Mobile App with ATM Card
- Now select the ‘Register with my ATM card’ option
- Then you have to enter your Account Number, Date of Birth and Referral ID (optional) and then click on ‘Next‘ button.
- Now, you will receive an OTP to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP in the respective field and then click on ‘Submit‘ button
- In the next step, you have to select transaction rights from the three options – ‘View, Limited and Full’ and then click on ‘Next‘ button.
- In the next step, you have to enter last 6-digit of your ATM card in the respective field and then click on ‘Next‘ button.
- Now you have to enter your ATM pin and then click on ‘Submit‘ button for ATM card validation.
Set Internet Banking Details
Here you can also set your Internet banking user name and password while registering for Yono SBI mobile application.
- In the next steps, set your Internet Banking user name and password as per the prescribed standard. That is, your user name should have
- Minimum 3 and maximum 20 character without space in between
- Minimum one Capital letter, one small letter and numbers.
- Also, Internet banking password should meet the following criteria
- It should be between 8 to 20 character
- Combination of letters, digits and special characters
- Then, after entering the user name and password click on ‘Confirm‘ button.
Set your MPIN
MPIN is a 6-digit pin which is used to login your Yono SBI mobile application
In the next step, it will ask for your concern to set MPIN. Check the ‘I acknowledge and accept the Terms and Conditions of using MPIN’ and click on ‘Next‘ button.
- Now, you have to set MPIN for your Yono SBI mobile application. MPIN is a 6-digit pin which is used to login your Yono SBI mobile application. Your MPIN should meet the following criteria
- It should be 6 digit in length
- It should not contain 3 consecutive numbers
- MPIN should not contain your birth date combination
- It should contain atleast 3 unique numbers
- Enter your new MPIN in the respective fields TWO times and then click on ‘Next‘ button.
- Then you will receive an OTP to your registered mobile number. Enter OTP in the respective field and then click on ‘Next‘ button.
- On successful OTP validation, your mobile banking registration gets completed and you will see the message “You have successfully registered“.
How to login YONO SBI mobile application?
After successful registration, you can login to your Yono SBI mobile application using two credentials
- Using Internet banking user name and password
- Using 6-digit MPIN
If you want to login using Internet banking and password
- Open the Yono app in your mobile and select User ID option as shown in the image.
- Enter your User name and password in the respective field and click on Login button. Then you will log into your mobile application
If you want to login using your MPIN
MPIN will work only if your mobile phone is enabled with device lock feature like Pattern lock, Passcode, Biometric verification etc.,
- Open the Yono app in your mobile and select MPIN option as shown in the image
- Enter your 6-digit MPIN in the respective field and then you will automatically log in to your mobile application.