In this post, we will let you know about What is a Fastag? and How to recharge Fastag within 2 minutes?. We also provide step by step process with pictorial representation for your easy understanding.
Generally, Fastag is an electronic toll collection system in India. It is a preloaded tag fitted in all vehicles and used to cross the toll plaza without waiting in a long queue. Subsequently, Government of India made Fastag mandatory for all vehicles and toll collection should be done only through Fastag. Accordingly, most of the Indian vehicles are fitted with Fastag for easy toll crossing and also to avoid penalty.
How to recharge your Fastag within 2 min through PhonePe?
Presently, you are recharging your tag only through issuing bank branch, mobile banking and internet banking. As a result, you are unable to recharge your tag through non-issuing banks. Now it is possible to recharge all fastag which are issued by various banks in a single mobile application namely PHONEPE.
That is, Phonepe provides the facility to recharge all your fastag in simple steps.
- Open PhonePe mobile application in your smart phone.
- Find ‘Recharge & Pay Bills‘ section in home page and click on ‘See All‘ option as shown in the image below.
- Then click on ‘Fastag Recharge‘ option. Then you will be moved to the next screen.
- In the next step, search your Fastag issuing bank and click on the Bank Name.
- Then, enter your Fatag’s vehicle registration number in the respective field and click on ‘CONFIRM‘ button.
- In the next step, it will display your Fastag vehicle number, issuing name and your bank accounts linked in PhonePe app.
- Enter the recharge amount in the respective filed, select your bank account for debiting the amount and then click on ‘Send‘ button.
- In the next step it will ask you to enter UPI Pin of your selected bank. Enter the UPI pin in the respective filed and then click on OK button for validation.
- On successful validation, your bank account got debited for the recharged amount and your Fastag recharge has been successfully completed.
NoteYour Fastag gets recharged instantly after completing the payment