As we all know that India Post Payment Bank offers various savings schemes like Post Office Saving Account (SB), Recurring Deposit (RD), Fixed Deposit (FD), Senior Citizen savings account, Public Provident Fund Account (PPF), Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) and so on. In this article we will let you know about the procedure for online payment for Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA).
What is Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA)?
Sukanya Samriddhi Savings account is specifically designed for Girl child’s welfare. This account can be opened by the guardian in the name of girl child below the age of 10 years. It can also be opened for maximum of two girls in a family. Further, you can deposit Minimum of Rs. 250/- and maximum of Rs. 1,50,000/- in this account in a FY in lumpsum or in multiple instalments. Other benefit of this account is that these deposits also qualify for deduction under section 80C of Income Tax Act.
So, this scheme has been very well received among the parents. As well as being able to get higher interest rates by joining this scheme than any other savings plan. Now you can do monthly payment for this plan digitally online.
Why Sukanya Samriddhi Account is important for a Girl child?
The public is facing various hardships due to the corona pandemic. More particularly, they are facing an economic crisis. So, they wanted to have a safe investment. In this case, it is possible to get higher interest rates on postal savings plans than banks. As a result, the public is increasingly investing in this Sukanya Samriddhi Savings plan.
How to pay monthly amount online in Post office SSA?
Now let’s look in detail at how to pay the monthly amount digitally.
1. Firstly, login to your India Post Payment Bank (IPPB) mobile banking application using your 4-digit MPIN.
2. Click on ‘DOP Services’ and then click on ‘Sukanya Samriddhi Account‘.
3. Next you need to enter your SSA Account Number and your DOP customer ID in the respect places.
4. Then enter your deposit amount and click on ‘Pay‘ button.
5. Next, enter the monthly payment amount and click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
6. Then You will receive an OTP to your currently registered mobile number. Enter OTP and click on ‘Submit‘ button. Now your monthly amount is paid digitally successfully.
Higher Interest RateInterest rate for SSA account is very high when compare to other savings account. Present interest rate of SSA is 7.60%.