In this post, we will let you know about How to recharge Fastag using Google Pay?. We also provide step by step process with pictorial representation for your easy understanding.
Generally, Fastag is an electronic toll collection system in India. It is a preloaded tag fitted in all vehicles and used to cross the toll plaza without waiting in a long queue. Subsequently, Government of India made Fastag mandatory for all vehicles and toll collection should be done only through Fastag. Accordingly, most of the Indian vehicles are fitted with Fastag for easy toll crossing and also to avoid penalty.
How to recharge your Fastag using Google Pay?
As we all know, Google Pay is a digital wallet platform that provides various services like Fund transfer, Mobile recharges, Bill Payment, Utility Payment and other services in a very simpler way. Further, It also introduced UPI recharge option for FASTag users.
Before getting started, it is important to note that you need to know your FASTag-issuing bank to recharge accurately. Also, For the first time recharge, first you need to link your Fastag in Google Pay app.
Steps for Linking Fastag in Google Pay
The following are the step by step process for linking Fastag through Google Pay.
- Firstly, login to your Google Pay mobile application in your smart phone.
- Then find and click on ‘Regular Payments‘ option in home page. Refer image below.
- In the next step, click on the View all option as shown in the image below.
- Then you will see ‘Fastag Recharge’ option in the next screen. Click on the ‘Fastag Recharge’ option. Then you will be moved to the next screen.
- In the next step, it will display all the Fastag issuing banks name. Select your Fastag issuing bank from the list and click on the same.
- To link your Fastag, click on the ‘Get Started‘ button as shown in the image.
- In the next step, it will ask you to enter your vehicle number and account name. Here, enter your Vehicle number without any space and enter your Account name and then click on ‘Link Account‘ button.
- In the next step, it will display the entered details for your review and verification. If all the details are correctly entered then click on ‘Link Account‘ button. Now your account has been successfully linked.
Note:Using the above step, link all your Fastag in Google Pay. So that it will be easy for you to recharge it later easily.
Steps for recharging Fastag in Google Pay
- After the successful linking, Select the listed Vehicle Number and click on ‘Pay’ button for recharging.
- In the next step, enter the recharge amount and select the listed saving account for debiting the account and then click on ‘Pay‘ button.
- Then, in the next step it will ask you to enter your UPI Pin. Enter your UPI pin in the respective field correctly and then click on Ok button.
- On successful validation, the respective amount will be debited from your savings account and Fastag will be recharged.
Note:Google Pay send payments to your FASTag account using UPI (United Payments Interface) only. If your FASTag account is not recharged despite a successful payment, contact your bank with the UPI Transaction ID.